Cindy Ingram, Media Specialist/TST
CHS Library Hours:
Monday - Friday - 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Extended time - As needed.
The mission of Citronelle High School's Media Center is to provide a productive learning environment that will enable staff and students to become information literate, to use information effectively, and to provide educational and technological opportunities for all patrons. It will empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users and creators of information through collaboration with staff and the media specialist.
Media Center Goals:
1) Increase Circulation
2) Increase use of Email and Office 365 throughout the community.
3) Promote collaboration with teachers to enable technology literate students and staff members.
- Reference materials available for in-house use.
- Wide selection of non-fiction and fiction materials available for check out.
- Magazines, if available are for in house use only. There are some magazines online. Just click on the link page and scoll down to magazines to locate some online.
- Individual students must have an electronic Library Entry Form submitted by their teacher.
- Classes may register to visit as a group with their teacher. Please see the calendar on the circulation desk for times available.
- Parents may visit during our hours of operation - Please pick up a visitor's pass in the front office.
- Follett Destiny is available to search our resources.
- Internet access is available to students for research purposes.
- Students may utilize Office 365 for projects and research papers
- MCPSS Student EMail
- Alabama Virtual Library is available for student research needs.
Online College and Career Resources
The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives. Revised every two years, the Handbook describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, the training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations.
Peterson's Online College Handbook
Welcome to the most comprehensive and heavily traveled education resource on the Internet. Since 1966, Peterson's has helped to connect individuals, educational institutions, and corporations through its critically acclaimed books, Web sites, online products, and admissions services. Peterson's reaches an estimated 105 million consumers annually with information about colleges and universities, career schools, graduate programs, distance learning, executive training, private secondary schools, summer opportunities, study abroad, financial aid, test preparation, and career exploration.
The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University houses writing resources and instructional material, and we provide these as a free service of the Writing Lab at Purdue. Students, members of the community, and users worldwide will find information to assist with many writing projects. Teachers and trainers may use this material for in-class and out-of-class instruction.
American Library Association's list of links and resources for parents and children.
Sites and content areas that serve the learning needs of parents, teachers, and kids.
Helping your child in school.
Homework Alabama offers free, live homework help for students. Just click the link above.
Many of our teachers here at CHS are utilizing this free math program. All students with Citronelle High School have a username and password to log into this website. Take advantage of free math tutoring at home. There are also live teachers to assist students as well.
An Online, interactive Periodic Table of the Elements.
This website represents over 25 years of experience capturing film and computer-enhanced images of living cells and organisms for education and medical research.